Planning Your Move
Planning ahead for your move can help avoid a great deal of stress for you and your family. These links can help you get started -- and if you have additional questions, don't hesitate to CONTACT us directly.
- A Step Ahead: Making Your Move Healthy and Successful
- Plan My Move (calendar)
- Inventory Your Belongings with Your Computer and Camera
- Loan Closets: Household Essentials When You’re on the Move
- Quick Tips for Packing and Moving Days
- Quick Tips for Safety When Moving
- Getting Your Vehicle Ready for Storage
- Shipping a Car When You Move Overseas
- The Basics of Moving Your Personal Belongings
- Tips for Getting Your Move Started
- Tips for Safe Travel When Moving
- What to Hand Carry When You Move
Military Move Basics
If you need help with the military aspects of your move, these links provide general information to help with your relocation.
Moving to a new place can require a new job for your spouse. These links can help during an employment search.
Moving with Your Children and Pets
Having your children and pets with you can make your new place feel like home. Use these links to ensure that your children and pets are prepared for the transition.
- Family Readiness System
- On the Move with a Baby
- Family Travel Tips
- Military Youth on the Move (website)
- Youth Sponsorship Program
- Helping Children with Goodbyes and Coping with Separation Anxiety
- Coping with Standardized Testing Systems When You Change Schools
- Moving with an Individualized Education Program
- Moving with Pets
- Helping Your Teenager Drive Overseas
Moving overseas is exciting -- but it's important to remember the many requirements prior to your move. These include financial, medical and educational needs for you and your family.